Step 1. UNZIP YOUR FILES
To access your brushes, you will need to locate the files that you downloaded.
1. Files are typically in a Downloads folder on your hard drive. Once you have located the folder, you will need to unzip it.
2. Unziping files on a PC requires you to rightclick on the folder and choose “Extract All” from the menu.
3. Unzipping files on a Mac requires that you double-click the file. Mac’s unzipping utility does the rest!
4. Remember where the files are located. You will need to know this location later.
Step 2. PREFERENCES
Next, we need to navigate to Lightroom’s preferences folder. It is easy to find, just follow these steps.
1. On a PC, go into Lightroom and click on Edit at the top (next to File), then Preferences. On a Mac, go Lightroom, (to the left of File), then down to Preferences.
2. Your Preferences box will pop-up. There will be six tabs at the top; click on Presets (second tab over).
3. Next, click on the box titled “Show Lightroom Presets Folder.”
4. Double click on Lightroom.
5. Double click on Local Adjustmen Presets(see image below)
Step 3. COPY & PASTE
This step is simple. However, you will need to know where you unzipped the files you downloaded from New Lightroom Presets
1. Copy (ctrl+c) the individual presets files in your brush folder (the .lrtemplate files), and paste (ctrl+v) into the Local Adjustment Presets folder.
You are done! Quit or close your Lightroom
POSSIBLE PROBLEMS YOU MIGHT HAVE ON INSTALLING
1. UNZIPPING ISSUES
This is probably the #1 mistake made when installing.
Do NOT simply double-click on the downloaded zip file. You need to right click and EXTRACT ALL.
Do NOT choose to “open” the file after download. Just hit save, then close that dialogue box.
Then go open your Windows Explorer window and locate the zip file, which is most likely in your Downloads folder. Extract the file according to instructions on page 1 of this guide.
Can’t Unzip? If right clicking does not offer “extract files” and double clicking on the file doesn’t open it up, then you may need to download an external program to unzip.
We recommend trying WinRar, a free unzipping program.
2. BRUSHES NOT SHOWING UP
|Try shutting down your Lightroom and restart.
If the preset collection name shows in Lightroom but not the individual templates, click the triangle to the left of the collection name and the templates will drop down.
Make sure the presets you copied into the Local Adjustment Presets folder were actually just presets and not a folder of presets.
Make sure you copied the right presets into the right folder.
|Do NOT check “Store Presets With Catalog.” This setting is found to the left of “Show Lightroom Presets Folder”in your Preferences menu.
If you have multiple catalogs, your presets will not show up in additional ones.Make sure that you EXTRACTED the zip file (see above).
If you merely double clicked on the folder (on a PC), you will get access to the presets, but those will NOT be extracted files and will NOT copy/paste correctly and will NOT show up in your Lightroom.